As we are currently on a lockdown due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to ensure families receive support at this difficult time. NHS Bedfordshire Health Community have produced a list of services that are offered to support with emotional wellbeing. Look after yourselves!
Effective pastoral care depends on mutual respect, confidence and understanding between the home and the school. We aim to motivate children through praise and reward for good behaviour, but have a scale of sanctions, which we can use for children who misbehave, if necessary. If your child’s behaviour is causing concern at school, you will be informed and invited to discuss the way forward with the class teacher or Headteacher.
We believe that it is important to encourage every child:
- To understand that the school community depends on the co-operation and goodwill of all
- To understand the need for self-discipline and acceptable behaviour
- To think of the needs of others
- To show good manners.
The school rules are intended to ensure that the children are safe. We have a detailed policy for Race Equality, which includes a clear procedure for responding to racist incidents. Copies of the Behaviour Policy and the Race Equality Policy are available on the school website.
- The Charlie Waller Trust is offering parent/carer peer support sessions, the attached information gives details of how to access this.
- Lumi Nova is now available via self-referral: East London NHS Foundation Trust have partnered with BFB Labs to offer free access to Lumi Nova; a best-in-class (MHRA-registered and NICE-recommended) digital therapeutic intervention to enable timely support for childhood anxiety. Lumi Nova provides a fun, self-guided, interactive game experience for 7-12 year olds, to effectively overcome childhood anxiety. It equips young minds with life-long skills to deal with worries and stresses. It’s super easy to use and can be accessed on-demand 24/7 from the comfort of a child’s home.
The link below provides details of the upcoming 30-minute webinars to learn more about Lumi Nova.
Lumi Nova: Discovery Session (multiple dates available):
Below are some of the ways you can access more information and resources.
· To get access to Lumi Nova now visit: luminova.app/elft
· For more information, FAQs and case studies visit luminova.app/elft
· To request training for your team or school, order resources or register for updates contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A reminder that Reflect Is a Free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.–text reflect to 85258, see posters above.
Easter – Schools Newsletter